This position reports directly to the Network Operations Manager.
- Cachematrix simplifies cash management for leading banks and their corporate clients.
- Cachematrix is a premium Software as a Service (SaaS) firm that powers liquidity solutions for many of the world's largest financial institutions.
- Cachematrix is an independent company founded in 2003, built and owned by its employees who have focused their careers on fintech.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the daily administration of systems architecture that provides service for Cachematrix® applications and daily technical support of internal users. Specific responsibilities include: patch maintenance, desktop support, server support, network support, upgrades and installations, recommendations for improving efficiency, availability for on call rotation for 24x7 support and documentation.
- System Support. Provide on-going technical support for the current systems and applications used by Cachematrix which is not limited to: Server (HW) and OS Maintenance for operational servers, researching and maintaining patches and firmware upgrades, provisioning/maintenance of software, software and hardware ordering and inventory systems, license tracking, performing user setup, log file maintenance, file system maintenance, other 'typical' system administration tasks, monitor system performance for capacity planning, perform and verify backups of databases, logs, and system configurations, and audit systems to verify compliance and standards. Learn and write scripts in 3rd party applications as well as various languages such as PowerShell, TSQL, VMScript, etc.
- Support Development. As new applications are developed and current applications are modified, provide assistance to those teams to ensure successful implementation, integration and on-going use of the products. This involves assisting on current architecture, as well as keeping updated with on-going changes. This also includes but is not limited to: design, test and implement changes, and code deployments.
- Help Desk Support. Respond to user issues reported to the Help Desk. This can be in any number of areas, from simple password questions to potential customer impacting issues.
- Data Analysis/Stewardship. Own and manage all application driven data points. Ensure data integrity by performing SQL queries and updates as needed. Troubleshoot data and file-level integration processes when system alerts are received.
- Operations Support. Assist the Production Operations team with technical and non-technical projects and initiatives as needed.
Skills and Traits
- Must have five or more years of applicable work experience with Windows Server 2008 – 2016, Windows 7 – 10 environments
- Must have thorough understanding of technical processes as a whole.
- Must have the ability to take an entrepreneurial approach to the problem solving of network and system architecture issues.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be intrinsically motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Cachematrix's business strategies.
- Must have desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding of Active Directory design and support preferred.
- Basic understanding Exchange Server 2007/2010 including basic mailbox administration tasks preferred.
- Knowledge of various hardware platforms including but not limited to PCs, laptops, servers, switches, and routers.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Experience working in a data center environment: racking and stacking servers, cable management, power management, etc.
- Experience with virtual systems, preferably VMware ESX or ESXi server.
- Knowledge of phone system support, preferably Shoretel.
- Experience with Citrix VDI configuration and support
Education and Experience
Associates degree or vocational degree in a technical field preferred; or minimum of five years of work experience.
This position is a full time position, with periodic 24X7 on-call responsibilities; as well as supporting 2nd shift maintenance required for after-hours maintenance support windows.
Minimal travel when required.
Send a brief message with your resume attached to our awesome HR department!
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time. Cachematrix Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.