Senior Systems Administrator
This position reports directly to the Network Operations Manager.
- Cachematrix simplifies cash management for leading banks and their corporate clients.
- Cachematrix is a premium Software as a Service (SaaS) firm that powers liquidity solutions for many of the world's largest financial institutions.
- Cachematrix is an independent company founded in 2003, built and owned by its employees who have focused their careers on fintech.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for ongoing administration of the internal systems, network and communication infrastructure and applications that provides service for CachematrixÂ® customers and internal users. In addition, this role collaborates on strategic infrastructure and network initiatives and works to identify, implement and improve procedures for deploying, configuring, monitoring and supporting existing systems.
- Project Leadership. Work with infrastructure, architecture, security and management resources to identify areas of improvement and collaborate to evaluate and implement technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Technical Leadership. Work with department and management resources to identify and develop the skills and technical knowledge necessary to provide optimal coverage of critical systems and components.
- Collaborative Leadership. Work as an effective team member. Be able to learn from others or mentor them as the situation demands. Maintain a professional attitude and communicate effectively to resolve technical problems with clients, vendors and internal resources at all levels.
- Environment Support. Manage and resolve issues in a variety of environments (e.g. Production, Test and Development) and evaluate priority, actions and impact based on situational requirements.
- System Support. Provide on-going technical support for the current systems and applications used by Cachematrix, including but not limited to: Server and OS maintenance for operational servers, researching and maintaining patches and firmware upgrades, provisioning/maintenance of software, software and hardware ordering and inventory systems, license tracking, performing user setup, log file maintenance, file system maintenance, monitor system performance for capacity planning, perform and verify backups of databases, logs, and system configurations, and audit systems to verify compliance and standards.
- Support Development. As applications are developed and modified, provide assistance to those teams to ensure successful implementation, integration and on-going use of the products. This involves assisting on current architecture, as well as keeping up to date with pending changes.
- Help Desk Support. Provide help desk coverage during office hours and respond to user issues reported to the Help Desk. This includes tracking issue resolution using a company-wide ticketing system.
- Operations Support. Provide technical support for internal operations and departmental initiatives including production support, operations engineering, database administration, business analysis and development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to learn new things and assist others
- Must have thorough understanding of technical processes as a whole
- Must be intrinsically motivated and detail-oriented
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Active Directory design and support
- VMWare/ESXi platform support
- Firewall management (Checkpoint preferred)
- Web application support (IIS/.NET preferred)
- Application load balancing (F5 preferred)
- Switch management (Cisco preferred)
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- MS Exchange Server
- Data Center/Rack architecture and management
- SAN management
- Messaging platform support (e.g. MSMQ, BizTalk, SWIFT)
- FTP/SFTP/FTPS/SSH connectivity and certificate management
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop management
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server support
- Systems and Network Monitoring (Solar Winds, What’s Up Gold, HP SiteScope preferred)
- 8+ years of systems administration experience required
Minimum Education, Training and Certifications:
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Standard work week (8am to 5pm or 7am to 4pm Mountain)
- Scheduled on-call rotation and after hours/weekend implementation support plus unscheduled escalation coverage as needed
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and may include weekend/evening/holiday hours.
Send a brief message with your resume attached to our awesome HR department!
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time. Cachematrix Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.