Front End Developer
This position reports directly to the Head of Product Engineering.
Candidates must have excellent analytical skills, expert knowledge of project life cycles, and large project experience. Candidates should be comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical, management and business resources.
- Working in rapid development cycles with an Agile development team
- Participates in all facets of the life-cycle of a product, including: understanding business needs, information gathering, standards and requirements generation, research and design, coding, testing, quality assurance, and code maintenance.
- Partners with business subject matter experts and stakeholders to relate difficult technical concepts in business terms, constantly striving to create strong working relationships, adoption and interaction.
- Understands complex business problems and identifies creative, technical solutions.
- Designs technical specifications for required features and architectural/framework improvements.
- Actively participates in requirements, architecture, and design meetings as well as peer code reviews.
- Ensures that code adheres to strict standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented practices and performance.
- Writes and conducts unit and integration tests.
- Performs systems analysis and programming activities which may require self-education.
- Researches, designs and develops custom applications in support of company core business needs.
- Designs and implements new software as well as maintains and enhances existing software.
- Develops and delivers to aggressive product release schedules working as a cooperative team member in an agile development environment.
- Partners with the quality assurance team to ensure quality standards are met.
- Partners with the security team to ensure security policies are adhered to and embraced.
- Effectively functions and communicates within a software development team consisting of developers, quality assurance, and project management members.
- Writes documentation for consumers, covering design artifacts, code, and fixes.
- Write’s / Maintains Code that adheres to company programming processes, procedures and specifications.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Analyze performance of the programs and identify alternatives for optimizing in consultation and approval from the supervisor.
- Experience developing commercial web applications
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate technology concepts to all personnel.
Assumes additional responsibilities, serves on task groups and committees, and/or performs other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge required in the following areas:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Visual Studio 2015
Knowledge preferred in the following areas:
- Design Patterns
- Multi-tiered Software Architectures
- Unit Testing / Test Coverage
- Single Page Web Application (SPA) development experience
- Ability to successfully work at high intellectual levels in an environment with high expectations where priorities and projects are constantly dynamic.
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- 7+ years of professional web development experience.
- Previous experience in a financial, Mutual Fund or Securities environment preferred.
Minimum Education, Training and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- PC usage up to 100% of the time.
- Basic office equipment such as telephone, copier, and fax machines, etc.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and may include weekend/evening/holiday hours.
Send a brief message with your resume attached to our awesome HR department!
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time. Cachematrix Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.